Sunday, July 22, 2012

T1.4

Upon starting an internet site to buy and sell used CD’s toother students; we must look at Research and Development. In this stage of theValue Chain Analysis, we must do research to know what the demand for used CD’s amongst students is. We must also look into what genre of music is popular within the student body; so we know what kind of used CD’s we should and should not purchase.

During the Production stage, we must pay close attention to how much product (CD’s) we want to buy. We must also pay close attention to quality of CD’s. We do not want to give customers a bad first impression;selling damaged products.

If I want to be successful with this website, I must advertise and heavily promote it. This falls under the Marketing and Sales section of theValue Chain Analysis. I must determine who may be the most profitable customers; those will be the people I am trying to attract. I can also run somekind of limited time promotion where I offer discounts. I would disperse flyers throughout the campus. Then I determine a fair selling price for the CD’s. Low enough to attract clientele, but high enough to profit.

When distributing the product, I could always have the product delivered to the customer’s room if they live on campus. If they are residing off campus, I will have the CD’s delivered. Because I am located on campus, I could put out flyers for delivery boys (after business has picked up).

As for Customer Service, I myself will be accessible at almost all times being that my email is synced with my Iphone. I will be able to offer some kind of warranty or of limited day guarantee if product is defective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shain Prefi Spreadsheet